2500 NE 65th Ave.
3-Day 8:30-4:30 pm intensive training course by Guila Muir. Not overnight.
This workshop benefits all who creates training for community members, staff, and others. Integrating research on adult learning, this interactive workshop enables experienced trainers and novices to develop meaningful and lasting adult learning experiences.
[Mandatory] Participants come prepared with an existing training session or presentation they want to improve. They must know the content in advance and will present their updated content by the end of the three day course.
[Important] Participants will engage in small and large group work, facilitation and public speaking in order to grow professionally in this welcoming and encouraging environment.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe how adults learn, and implications for developing training sessions for community members, staff, and stakeholders.
- Design or improve draft training session on their chosen topic, integrating engaging learning activities.
- Create action plans for creating effective curriculum, and for passing these skills on.
- Name the three steps to organize effective presentation.
- Model how to respond to difficult question
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 techniques that highlight and enhance individual’s unique presentation style.
- Present their course designs and receive helpful feedback.
This training and registration includes:
- 25-page participant manual
- Companion textbook: “Instructional Design That Soars”
- “Never-Fail” Course Design Template
- Catered coffee, continental breakfast and snacks.
Facilitators, Presenters, Educators,
Community Coordinators, Activists
Monday, February 24th, 2020 through
Wednesday February 26th, 2020
8:30 a.m. — 4:30 p.m.
*All three days attendance required
ESD 112 Conference Center
2500 NE 65th Ave, Vancouver WA
$50 registration for snacks/materials
Christopher Belisle, Coordinator
Guila Muir turns experts into great trainers and presenters, and provides essential skills for community leaders. She is principal of Guila Muir and Associates LLC, a Seattle-based firm specializing in developing professionals’ facilitation, presentation, and training skills.
Since 1993, Guila’s engaging, highly energetic style has transformed businesses and organizations across the United States and Canada. Her clients include Microsoft, Amazon, Zeiss, as well as hundreds of state agencies, non-profit organizations, and entrepreneurs. Guila has taught course design for adult learners through Seattle University’s Graduate School of Education. Her book, “Instructional Design That Soars: Shaping What You Know into Classes That Inspire” is in its third printing.
Guila learned to swim as an adult. She has swum from Alcatraz Island to San Francisco ten times, and in 2015, completed an eleven-mile swim up the Willamette River in Portland.