Use Your Voice event flyer Registration & RSVP Required: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/use-your-voice-youth-advocacy-training-tickets-73894521503
- You must RSVP all attendees, including youth.
- All youth attendees must complete a photo-video release in advance.Photo-Video Release Student 2019 Photo-Video Release Student 2019
- You can send releases to Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to the event the day of.
- Food will be catered by Chipotle.
About the Training:
Become a successful advocate for prevention issues with this interactive, hands-on workshop. We welcome Rep. Paul Harris for a keynote speech and awards ceremony, as well as video message from Attorney General Bob Ferguson.
You will learn:
- How you can make a difference and become an effective advocate for what you’re passionate about
- How to build relationships with elected officials and their staff
- All about the legislative process, including connections to help you track issues
- How to include youth leaders in advocacy and policy development
Who is it for?
Youth interested in making a difference through advocacy and
policy change. Perfect for prevention clubs, government classes
and leadership groups! No experience necessary.
By youth for youth.
Your workshop facilitators are youth who have experience public
speaking, working with decision-makers and government leaders.