2500 NE 65th Avenue Vancouver
Learn more at www.youthnow.me/yep. This meeting will include team building, public speaking workshop, youth voice and empowerment overview, culture development and more!
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/641753689636926/
Optional New Member Orientation (informal) each month from 2:30-3:30pm before the meeting begins.
Teens and caring adults are invited to join the Youth Empowerment Project (or YEP!).
Starting September 2019, volunteers will join together as equal partners to build healthy relationships with positive role models, develop leadership skills like public speaking and advocacy, and implement local prevention projects or campaigns. This committee merges two previous meetings, the former Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Committee and our youth advisory committee – now YEP!
YEP is the same committee that brought you the Cannabis Conversations Toolkit, Secure Your Cannabis campaign and Youth Now initiative but now with a new name and vision created intentionally and strategically by youth leaders.
We hope you’ll join us and spread the word to any youth or kind, passionate adults ready to make Clark County a more empowered, positive and resilient place to live and grow.
- Meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 3:30-5pm at ESD 112 Conference Center, 2500 NE 65th Ave. Vancouver, WA.
- Optional new member orientation is from 2:30-3:30pm before each meeting.
- Opportunity to connect youth with positive and supportive adult role models.
- Light snacks and refreshments provided.
- This is a voluntary/unpaid opportunity but service hours are tracked.
- No prevention experience or drug/alcohol education necessary.
- Contact Christopher.email@example.com for accommodations or questions.
- 9-17-19 in Clark Room
- 10-15-19 in Columbia Room
- 11-19-19 in Skamania Room
- 12-10-19 in Raineer Room
- 1-21-20 in Skamania Room
- 2-18-20 in Wahkiakum Room
- 3-17-20 in Cowlitz Room
- 4-21-20 in Skamania Room
- 5-19-20 in Skamania Room