Prevent Coalition and the Rural Network are hosting this in-person gathering of rural prevention professionals, educators, and passionate volunteers. The Rural Prevention Conference will bring together and engage people focused on issues of great importance to rural communities.
Experience two days of learning, networking, and solution building. Get an overview or take a deep dive in all aspects of prevention with an opportunity to share, learn, and discover new strategies to better engage rural communities and partner with them more effectively. This conference is designed for community leaders, residents, and professionals who seek to create a strong rural Washington.
Save the Date:
Thursday September 22, 2022 from 12 – 4 p.m.
and Friday September 23, 2022 from 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Yakima Convention Center
10 N 8th St, Yakima, WA 98901
By the end of this 1.5 day event, participants will have:
- Connected with prevention peers across rural Washington,
- Strategized around rural network action plan and advancing prevention efforts in rural Washington,
- Learned latest science, data analysis, and equity initiatives in the substance misuse prevention field.
Registration is open!
Instructions for Claiming Clock Hours
Follow the instructions below to claim clock hours after you have attended this event. You may also click here to view these instructions in a visual PDF form with screenshots to guide you.
- Attendance is eligible for 7 clock hours
- Log in to pdEnroller (create account if needed) pdenroller.org
- Go to the Clock Hours Dropdown Menu and click the link to “Claim Clock Hours”
- You will be directed to the below screen where you can enter the code for the course. This code is different from the course number. Click “Find Event” to lookup the event and enter the number of hours you attended. These hours remain unverified until participation is verified via the course sign-in sheet. Once attendance is verified and the evaluation is complete, the hours will be added to your pdEnroller transcript.
- Rural Prevention Conference: Clock Hour Claim code: VUN-SAM
- You may also enter the code via this URL: https://www.pdenroller.org/clockhours. If you do not have a pdEnroller user account, you will create one during the process. Please do not create a new account if you have an existing account. You may make changes to account by going in to your profile. You may print out an inservice form after completing the process if your district requires this.
Draft Agenda (Subject to Change)
Thursday September 22
- 10 a.m. – noon Registration Open
- Noon – 12:30 p.m. Opening Remarks + Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker
- 1:30 p.m. Networking Activity
- 2-2:45 p.m. Tabletop Strategizing Session
- 2:45 p.m. Training Session: Youth Panel
- 3:45 p.m. Closing Remarks
- 6:30 – 8 p.m. (optional) Evening Team Building Activity
Friday September 23
- 8-8:45 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:45 a.m. Opening Remarks
- 9 a.m. – 11:45 p.m. Rotating Training Breakout Sessions
- 12 p.m. Exit Activity
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Lunch (to-go style available)
The following hotels below have offered us complementary room blocks. Each are holding around 50 rooms for conference attendees, promising us government rate of $96 + tax/fees per night. Thank you to these amazing partners!
Holiday Inn Downtown Yakima
802 East Yakima Avenue, Yakima, Washington 98901
Guests should call call 509-494-7000 for reservations. It is important that when calling they reference the Rural Conference by ESD 112 group name to ensure they receive the group rate.
The Red Lion Yakima Center
607 E Yakima Ave, Yakima, WA 98901
Guests should call 1-509-248-5900 for reservations. It is important that when calling they reference the Rural Conference by ESD 112 group name to ensure they receive the group rate.
Prevent Coalition & the Rural Network
Educational Service District 112
Washington State Department of Health Dedicated Cannabis Account Funds